When I open the fridge and see this pitcher of lemon cucumber water, the first word in my mind is refreshing. After some research, I’ve discovered that my new beverage of choice is not only refreshing, it provides various health advantages, as well. Here are a few of the benefits to think about when you prepare and drink your lemon cucumber water.
- Lemons and cucumbers are natural immunity boosters due to their elements of vitamin C and antioxidants. This is a perfect thirst quenching drink to protect against disease.
- Cucumbers contain a mineral known as silica which is often referred to as the anti-aging secret. Silica promotes the formation of collagen and elastin, proteins needed for strength and elasticity of tissues.
- Since lemons and cucumbers are alkaline promoting foods, a pH level will be better balanced to provide optimal health.
- When drinking a lemon cucumber beverage first thing in the morning, you can count on more energy due to the vitamins and nutrients.
- Many claim that a beverage with lemons and cucumbers reduces menopausal symptoms. Cucumbers are natural diuretics that will combat that bloated feeling. Hot flashes may also be reduces, as well.
- The citrus flavonoids of lemons aid in digestion and liver cleansing.
- For the most flavorful, maximum benefit, infuse cucumber and lemon in water for at least four hours or overnight.